Saturday 27 January 2018

5 Ways To A Happier Mind

Entry No.2

So here I am writing another blog post about what's on my mind and what I think is important to share with the internet. Personally my mental weakness is that I worry. I worry a lot actually. I worry about anything possible. "If I'm not having a meltdown, who am I?" - Me. Even if it's the smallest thing I find a way to stress about it and that's one of my biggest faults which I'm sure Ciaran (boyfriend) will agree. I panic, I stress, I worry but a lot of the time I just need to plan or write down my thoughts and I'm fine, seeing my thoughts in front of me written down makes ALL the difference. So let's go into the nitty gritty:

Delete who you want, unfollow who you want. 
I think I know social media makes a lot of people feel trapped. Why don't you delete that person? Why don't you unfollow their instagram account? No matter what age you are the biggest reason you don't unfollow or delete someone is because you're worried about what they'll think or say about you. It's time to stop caring. Do I interact or even talk to that person anymore? No. Do I like that person? No. Am I sick of seeing what that person posts? Yes. It's simple questions like that, that you need to ask yourself in order to know wether to delete that person.
It's just as important who you have on social media as it is with who you surround yourself with in the real world. The most powerful thing I started doing last year was unfollowing accounts on instagram I started comparing myself too. It doesn't mean I don't like them, it doesn't mean I don't "like" their instagram feed, it means I don't want my mental state to suffer. I don't want to see unrealistic beauty expectations in my face constantly. If I find myself comparing my lifestyle or myself against another person that's when I take it out of my view because I don't need to torture myself. Be kind to yourself and remember photos are edited (mine definitely are), things are fabricated and that couple that's "perfect" probably argued 20 minutes before that photo was uploaded. When it comes to Facebook I think people take the term "Friend" to seriously "No! No! I can't unfriend them", but why? I'm a firm believer of not giving a sh*t (excuse my language) but it's true. Black mirror made the perfect episode called "Nosedive" where everyone has this obsession with likes and having the best grading. It's the best way to describe our generation and it needs to stop. Feeding each others egos doesn't get us anywhere and putting your mental state to the side doesn't help either. So if you don't like them get rid of them, if you compare yourself get rid of them. Sometimes its a simple case of "unfollowing" them on Facebook if you do want to be someones friend but don't want to see what their post. So give yourself a break and stop caring what people think of you and care MORE for yourself. Be selfish. 

The hare and the tortoise. 
I'm very impatient. In such a fast paced world I think a lot of us find ourselves wanting everything now. I'm a woman that knows what she wants regardless of if I know how to get it or not. I'm extremely motivated but my downfall is my inpatients and how that leads me to getting upset as I feel as though I'm failing because I haven't got instant gratification. As my Mom always says "slow and steady wins the race". Go at whatever speed is necessary and embrace the process you are going through in life because it'll be over before you know it. It does not matter how old you are, I repeat. It does not matter how old you are. Don't compare your life against other peoples because everyone goes at a completely differently paces, people find out at different stages in life what they truly want to do with their lives, people around you will always seem more put together than they're because we always think people are doing better than ourselves. Things take time, life takes time, don't be harsh on yourself. 

Catch out your negativity and self doubt. 
We have so many thoughts throughout the day you can't even remember them all. That lamp shade was pink, her glasses are weird, ouch! That hurt; The list is endless and forgettable. Have you ever taken a moment to realise how many negative thoughts you have? Do you notice how much you beat yourself up? It's amazing once you're self aware and in control of your thoughts how much negativity you feed yourself be it through what we read, watch or how we speak to ourselves. You should start keeping track on how you talk to yourself and others. Your thoughts ooze into your body language, how you speak and ultimately how you feel.
Self doubt is the biggest killer of dreams. If you OR someone else is saying you can't do it put two fingers up to the negativity and show the world you CAN do it. Just remember self doubt doesn't just fade when you tell it to go once, surround yourself with positive videos, books and most importantly people even if it's just one person or five people who can help love, care and nourish you and your dreams. If you're thinking "I have no one", start with the positive videos and books which will help change your thinking and mindset... The world is your ouster.

Clear space, clear mind. 
The title speaks for itself. Personally I find it extremely distracting and hard to work if the area I am in isn't tidy and clean, clear space, clear mind. Most mornings I hoover the whole house (we have 2 small dogs and a cat the hair everywhere is annoying), make breakfast and clean up after that, check my bathroom is looking ok then I feel satisfied and ready for the day. Everyone has their own little routines, what's yours?

Gratitude. 
We are so lucky I don't think many of us would know it if we got slapped in the face with it. Gratitude changes everything. If you wake up in the morning bad or good mood tell yourself five things you're grateful for that day you'll start to feel and notice a difference in yourself. I'm not saying it's something I always do because we get caught up in ourselves all to often BUT it's good to tell yourself and others how grateful you're of them. A simple card, hug or words can make somebodies day, I've been taught that every action has a reaction which then has consequences with this example the reaction and consequences can only be positive from the recipricantt. The thoughts of gratitude will eventually shine through the more they're thought just the same as negative ones. Lift your spirits and remind yourself of how lucky you are.

Thanks for reading!

Love Saranne x

Page 27 of 365

No comments:

Post a Comment

);